[ros-users] spam in the wiki (tutorial)

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Tue Apr 7 23:23:06 UTC 2015

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for catching it and cleaning it up again.

There are several ways to fight spam in Moin Moin, see
https://moinmo.in/AntiSpamFeatures Blocking an account is not very useful
when they are free to create a new one. If anything it's easier to track
their edits if they use the same account.

As this appears to be a person actually logging in and being malicious
there is very little we can do besides clean up quickly so that they don't
get the benefit of traffic to their site. And make it not worth their
effort.

Usually some of us will check the RecentChanges page (
http://wiki.ros.org/RecentChanges) and spam is relatively easy to pick out
from that. If it becomes more of a problem we can consider more options.

Tully