[ros-users] The 5th meetup of ROS Japan Users Group in Nagoya.

Yutaka Kondo yutaka.kondo at youtalk.jp
Mon Apr 13 15:06:14 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone.
I’m Yutaka Kondo, a member of ROS Japan Users Group (JUG).

On April 11th, the 5th meetup of ROS JUG was successfully done.
This is the first time to be held not in Tokyo, but in Nagoya (the middle of Japan)
thanks to the cooperation of the Chubu University (http://www.chubu.ac.jp/english/).
Over 50 people in total joined. The growth of Japanese ROS culture is now promising!

We had a hands-on seminar for ROS beginners, 3 presentations and 5 lightning talks as following.
(I named the english titles based on the original Japanese ones.)

# Hands-on seminar

Learning ROS by ROS navigation and STDR simulator
https://github.com/akio/rosjug_seminar5/raw/master/rosjug_seminar5.pdf

# Presentations

1. Complete understanding of TF and TF2
https://www.slideshare.net/kojiterada5/tftf2

2. ROS drivers for LEGO Mindstorms EV3/NXT
http://www.slideshare.net/yutakakondo/lego-mindstorms-ev3ros
https://github.com/youtalk/mindstorms_ros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPW7Dnp6nFg

3. TurtleReal, the cheapest Turtlebot-like robot
http://forestofazumino.web.fc2.com/ros/ros_5th_seminer_nagoya_ppt.pdf

# Lightning talks

1. ROS education in the dept. of Robotic Science and Technology, Chubu Univ.
http://www.slideshare.net/hironobufujiyoshi/ros20150411

2. ROS-enabled PS4Eye
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1S3Flwtj4MtGbVltBldRREVNx24tVHCna7zeRZqLBfck/edit#slide=id.p
https://github.com/longjie/ps4eye