[ros-users] NEW ROS ROBOT DEVELOPMENT KIT

Duy Huynh duy.huynh.uiv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 00:11:19 UTC 2015

Hi eveyrone!  A year ago, we began to play with Turtlebot 2 & ROS, and we
love it!  Over the last 12 months, we've added a lot of hardware and
software components on top of it.

We would love to share what we've built with the ROS community.  And if
you're interested in getting the same unit for your own development or
research, we're selling it on Kickstarter now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/403524037/personal-robot

Pick the Research Edition ($1,495)

Here is a straightforward demo <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBhJJKUIjCM>
.

Hardware specs:

   - Kobuki Mobile Base
   - 3D Depth Camera
   - Qualcomm IFC6410 Development Board or Better
   - 9" Screen or Larger
   - Servos
   - Microphone
   - Speaker
   - Humidity Sensor, Temperature Sensor, CO2 Meter

If you're doing research in the Internet of Things & Connected Devices
space, this Research Robot is perfect for you.  It can interface with
almost all the connected devices on the market already.  We have built it
as a Smart Home Automation System as well.  It has:

   - Wireless Z-Wave Plus
   - Zigbee
   - BLE
   - Wi-Fi

We'll also release our AI SDK, including:

   - Facial Recognition
   - Object Recognition
   - Speech Recognition
   - Natural Language Processing
   - And more

As well as the remote control apps for the robot, so that you can control
the robots from your phone locally or remotely.

   - Android
   - iOS

Of course, we'll pre-install ROS and Ubuntu on the robot.

Any question / comment / advice / feedback is much appreciated.

My email is duy at robotbase.com.

Thanks!
Duy

Robotbase