[ros-users] ROS 2.0 discussions on ros-sig-ng-ros

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Thu Jul 2 02:58:36 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to highlight a few recently started discussions about ROS 2.0
which have been started on the ros-sig-ng-ros mailing list.

We're choosing to keep ROS 2.0 discussions on a separate mailing list so
that people can choose to opt in if they'd like to participate in the
discussions and not flood everyone's inboxs. Please join us over there if
you're interested in contributing or just want to monitor progress.

A few of the threads we've recently started include:

 - A status update and how to get involved:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/ros-sig-ng-ros/eK2CC-6WEcM
 - An update on message definitions:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/ros-sig-ng-ros/f7OcEJBj9tU
 - A proposed change to remove seq from Header:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/ros-sig-ng-ros/_UFMxG5TG9s
 - A proposed stricter enforcement of style in msg files:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/ros-sig-ng-ros/YAyfgrvUvs0

Tully