[ros-users] Real-Time ROS for Embedded Systems

Yigit Gunay yigit.guenay at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jul 8 08:46:24 UTC 2015

Hi Peter,

Was your approach a counterpart of rosserial on Arduino?

Our approach can communicate directly with a ROS master on a PC via
UDPROS (over Ethernet), so there is no need for a rosserial server. As
for message generation, I simply used rosserial's C++ message header
generation and copied some of those headers into my code. A message
generator can be added to the repo later for generating messages before
compiling the software.

The code is actually ready for testing. Currently, STM32 can publish IMU
and ultrasonic sensor values to a PC. I will also do some performance
evaluation to see the limits, i.e. max number of nodes, publishers,
subscribers, etc.

-Yigit