[ros-users] Ros graph

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Tue Jul 28 01:24:43 UTC 2015

Hi Demian,

In the future, these kinds of questions should start on answers.ros.org and
escalate to the mailing list if general discussion is necessary. I'll
respond here, but for further discussion I'd appreciate it if you create a
question on answers.ros.org and send it directly to me in order to minimize
ros-users traffic.

You're probably looking for the ROS master api:
http://wiki.ros.org/ROS/Master_API It's the same interface that these tools
use to get the information.

Thanks,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Demian Schkolnik via ros-users <
ros-users at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> Hello all! I am making a tool similar to rqt graph.
> However, for a large number of topics and nodes, my system gets really
> slow. The problem lies in that I have to make a call to the console of
> 'rosnode info' for each of the nodes. Is there some way to get the 'graph'
> with a single call? Or, at least, with fewer calls? For example 'rostopic
> list' and 'rosnode list' are already there, and that is ok, but I need the
> full list of suscriptions and publications, without having to make a call
> for each node...
>
> Thanks!

William Woodall
ROS Development Team