[ros-users] CAD to ROS Project

Edwards, Shaun M. sedwards at swri.org
Tue Jul 28 13:42:02 UTC 2015

All,

The ROS-Industrial Consortium is proposing a project that I think is of great interest to the broader ROS Community: Conversion of CAD data to ROS-interpretable file types (e.g. URDF, SRDF).  This is a very common problem for many ROS users, without an automated solution that I am aware of.  For more details, see http://rosindustrial.org/news/2015/7/20/proposed-cad-to-ros-focused-technical-project

If you are interested to learn more about the project goals or participating, please reach out to myself.

Shaun Edwards
Senior Research Engineer
Manufacturing System Department

http://robotics.swri.org