[ros-users] Real robot control on Linux

Ahmed Rehman Ghazi ahmedrghazi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 13:30:42 UTC 2015

Dear Dejan,

- which robot/use case do you have
for industrial robotics

- which HW architecture are you using (e.g. arm vs x86)
x86

- which Linux distro
Ubuntu LTS (14.04 and 12.04)

- which real time kernel (e.g. xenoami vs rt_preempt)
rt_preempt

- which scheduler
same as what Adolfo said in his email

- which peripherals (e.g. CAN, Ethercat, serial, etc.)
including but not limited to Serial, Ethercat, Powerlink, Profinet, etc

- which application framework (e.g. written from scratch, ROS, Orocos, )
ROS, and some in-house solutions

- which actuators do you control
we do not directly access the motors but use software based robot control
systems

Best Regards,
Ahmed Rehman Ghazi

fortiss --- An-Institut der Technischen Universitaet Muenchen
Guerickestrasse 25 | 80805 Muenchen | Germany
T +49 (0)89 360 35 22 530 | Fx +49 (0)89 360 35 22 50
ahmed.ghazi at fortiss.org | www.fortiss.org