[ros-users] ROS for Windows

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 06:13:05 UTC 2015

On 16 February 2015 at 16:52, Alex Wu <bluegene at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I wonder if win_ros development is still active or move to new
> project. I saw the latest update is "stonier authored on Jan 5, 2013". I
> have some constrains and only can develop on Windows platform. Anyone can
> help will be appreciated!

We had win_ros running on groovy/hydro. Our company has since then moved
away from windows, so we don't have a need for it right now. Whether this
will be a permanent situation or not I cannot say.

What I can say is that while we don't have a need for it, I can't commit
the resources to upgrading it for indigo. Please consider it in the wild.
If someone wishes to run with it for indigo, or adopt a different approach,
feel free to push on ahead.

Cheers,
Daniel.