[ros-users] New Versions of rviz

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Mon Mar 2 23:37:49 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

We have new versions of rviz in both Indigo (1.11.7 up from 1.11.4) and
Hydro (1.10.19 up from 1.10.18) in the shadow fixed repository, and I am
looking for some help testing these new versions out.

You can see a summary of the changes here:

- Indigo: http://docs.ros.org/indigo/changelogs/rviz/changelog.html
- Hydro: http://docs.ros.org/hydro/changelogs/rviz/changelog.html

The shadow fixed repository, for those who do not know, is the staging
repository which we use for testing before making new versions public. You
can think of it as a place for release candidates. See
http://wiki.ros.org/ShadowRepository for information about the process and
how you can try out packages from it.

If you use rviz on Indigo or Hydro and have some spare cycles I would
appreciate you testing out the new versions either from shadow fixed or by
building it from source. Any issues you might find, please file them on the
rviz issue tracker.

I'll keep the "release candidates" in the shadow fixed repository for about
week unless we run into problems.

Thanks!

P.S. the link to the Indigo changes above may take some time to catch up,
if you don't see 1.11.7, look here instead:
https://github.com/ros-visualization/rviz/blob/11fcdadbbcc4c9d38a0bd4d580be6f0b49cbbc47/CHANGELOG.rst

--
William Woodall
ROS Development Team