[ros-users] clarifying package installation 'best practices'?

Dirk Thomas dthomas at osrfoundation.org
Wed Mar 4 13:02:02 UTC 2015

Please propose a change to the package header in the wiki.
While the information might be platform specific it could be helpful.

The patch will need to be applied to the following function:
https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/roswiki/blob/c92f7e3a490e4b5a72cc7b290287a4e2d23d8425/macro/headers.py#L265

Please note that the package manifest available in the "data" variable is
not the package.xml file but the content of the manifest.yaml files
generated by the doc jobs.
See http://docs.ros.org/indigo/api/roscpp_tutorials/manifest.yaml for an
example manifest.yaml.

Thanks,