[ros-users] New control packages

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian adolfo.rodriguez at pal-robotics.com
Mon Mar 9 08:12:11 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Andy Zelenak via ros-users <
ros-users at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> Hello ROS community,

Hello Andy, thanks for sharing your work!.

These packages look more like examples or idea demonstrators, as they don't
expose the controllers in a library, but rather generate executables. Users
are likely to take more advantage of your contributions if you expose them
in modular, ready to use units.

> I'd like to announce two control packages that I hope are useful to the
> community. First is the basic *pid* package for the PID controllers that
> engineers love so much:
>
> http://wiki.ros.org/pid
>
> One of the nice features of the pid package is low-pass filtering on the
> data and the derivative calculation, which reduces noise and erratic
> control effort.

The control_toolbox [1] package, which has been around for a while, also
implements a PID loop, and has already a quite extensive user base. What
are your thought on contributing missing features as enhancements for the
existing implementation?.

> For more complicated control problems, there is the *lyap_control *
> package:
>
> http://wiki.ros.org/lyap_control

The repository URL contains your bitbucket user. You should use:

https://bitbucket.org/AndyZe/lyap_control

(remove 'AndyZe@' before bitbucket.org)

[1] https://github.com/ros-controls/control_toolbox

> It can handle simple control problems too, but it really excels at
> high-order, coupled, over-actuated, or otherwise complicated systems. It
> can do some cool things like controlling seven motors simultaneously with
> minimal tuning.

Best,

Adolfo.

> Cheers,
>
> Andy

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian
Senior robotics engineer
adolfo.rodriguez at pal-robotics.com
http://www.pal-robotics.com

PAL ROBOTICS S.L
c/ Pujades 77-79, 4º4ª
08005 Barcelona, Spain.
Tel. +34.93.414.53.47
Fax.+34.93.209.11.09
Skype: adolfo.pal-robotics
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/palrobotics1> - Twitter
<http://twitter.com/#%21/palrobotics> - PAL Robotics YouTube Channel
<http://www.youtube.com/user/PALRobotics>

AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD: Este mensaje y sus documentos adjuntos, pueden
contener información privilegiada y/o confidencial que está dirigida
exclusivamente a su destinatario. Si usted recibe este mensaje y no es el
destinatario indicado, o el empleado encargado de su entrega a dicha
persona, por favor, notifíquelo inmediatamente y remita el mensaje original
a la dirección de correo electrónico indicada. Cualquier copia, uso o
distribución no autorizados de esta comunicación queda estrictamente
prohibida.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the accompanying document(s) may
contain confidential information which is privileged and intended only for
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the
distribution or use of this e-mail and/or accompanying document(s) is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender at the above e-mail address.