[ros-users] Switch from fuerte to indigo

Dirk Thomas dthomas at osrfoundation.org
Mon Mar 9 14:57:46 UTC 2015

Please do not double post you question from answers.ros.org (
http://answers.ros.org/question/204553/rosbuild_find_ros_package-in-catkin-build/)
here. This mailing list is not intended for questions but for announcement
and discussions of general interest (see http://wiki.ros.org/Support).

- Dirk
On Mar 9, 2015 2:12 AM, "Huy Cong Vu via ros-users" <ros-users at lists.ros.org>
wrote:

Hello everyone,

I recently try to port some of our old fuerte packages (which worked with
rosbuild) to indigo (with catkin sysbuild). I already set up catkin build
environment, now I must update the old macros of CMakeLists.txt to make it
work with catkin following this guide:
http://wiki.ros.org/catkin/migrating_from_rosbuild

But there are some functions that are deprecated and do not have its
equivalent, like this one:
rosbuild_find_ros_package()       DO NOT DO THIS

in rosbuild, this helps export the *_PACKAGE_PATH to make the search for
files in package easier, but in catkin it did not exists.

There is something in catkin that I find similar, which is :
find_package()
But it results only in finding the packages that are already install (which
can be found in install or install_isolated directory), if my package
aren't build, it can't be found.

So are there any options to search, and export the path of unbuild packages
(i.e package in src directory) under catkin sysbuild?

Thanks for any help,

Best regards

--

Huy Cong