[ros-users] clarifying package installation 'best practices'?

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Mon Mar 9 23:35:58 UTC 2015

>From our testing on the buildfarm I've also put together a simple
puppet-ros module. https://github.com/tfoote/puppet-ros

If you are using puppet it's a quick way to install ROS. It's available
from Puppet Forge as `tfoote/ros`

It's currently a proof of concept level demonstration that works for Ubuntu
and the default installation. It is not yet parameterized beyond which
rosdistro you want to install and from which repo to install.

Tully