[ros-users] Failed to edit http://wiki.ros.org/IDEs, to add catkin tools configuration for Eclipse

Jit Ray Chowdhury jit.ray.c at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:34:44 UTC 2015

I was trying to add the follwinga as section 2.3, but I am getting Internal
Server Error.
catkin tools
With the new catkin_tools
<http://catkin-tools.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html>, there are few
changed from the Catkin-y method described above. To generate
eclipse-project you need to execute:

catkin build  --force-cmake -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles"

to generate the .project files for each package and then run: the follwoing
script

#!/usr/bin/env bash
echo "Generating eclipse projects for all ROS projects in this directory"
ROOT=$PWD
cd build
for PROJECT in `find $PWD -name .project`; do
    DIR=`dirname $PROJECT`
    echo $DIR
    cd $DIR
    awk -f $(rospack find mk)/eclipse.awk .project > .project_with_env
&& mv .project_with_env .project
done
cd $ROOT

Then follow the rest of the instrunction as in  catkin_make approach

Internal Server Error

to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.

Apache Server at wiki.ros.org Port 80
Regards
Jit Ray Chowdhury