[ros-users] Announcing Social Robot Maggie working with ROS

Raúl Pérula Martínez rperula at ing.uc3m.es
Tue Mar 17 11:41:27 UTC 2015

Hello ROS community,

I have the pleasure to present a new robot in the ROS family. The Social
Robot Maggie (http://roboticslab.uc3m.es/roboticslab/robot/maggie) from
the RoboticsLab (http://roboticslab.uc3m.es/roboticslab/) at University
Carlos III of Madrid, Spain, is working now completely with ROS.

Here the ROS wiki page for more info:

http://wiki.ros.org/Robots/Maggie

Furthermore, we would love to share what we have developed with the ROS
community. We have published several packages in GitHub and soon we show
some videos on how it is working.

Here the repository:

https://github.com/UC3MSocialRobots

Until now, we have released everything developed for the low-level of
the robot. These nodes control the devices (motors, touch sensors,
labjack controller, IR controller, servomotors, RFID, etc.) of the
robot. And almost everything is implemented with unit tests and testing
nodes.

We hope that our work could be useful for the community.

Best regards,

Raúl Pérula-Martínez
PhD Candidate & Graduate Research Assistant
Social Robots Group, Robotics Lab

Site: http://educatech.sytes.net/raul
Phone (work): (+34) 91624 8813

Office: 1.3.B14 (Agustín de Betancourt Building)
Department of Systems Engineering and Automation
University Carlos III of Madrid