[ros-users] Software Engineering Positions at Zoox

Taylor Arnicar taylor at zoox.com
Wed May 27 07:11:05 UTC 2015

Zoox is a rapidly-growing, well-funded startup in Menlo Park building an
autonomous vehicle for the future. We’re looking for top software engineers
and robotics experts to join us on our epic adventure.

*A bit about us*

Our team has its roots in a decade of research from the Stanford Autonomous
Driving Team, which won the $1,000,000 prize in the 2007 DARPA Urban
Challenge. Our engineers are writing ground-breaking software in an
industry that’s experiencing explosive growth. We’re pushing the boundaries
of what’s possible in the field of autonomous driving every day. In
addition to a great work environment, competitive pay, generous stock
options, on-site gym, and free meals, we offer full health, vision, and
dental insurance benefits.

*Your role*

At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with
diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning,
machine learning, controls, localization, computer vision, rendering,
simulation, distributed computing, design and automated testing. You’ll
master new technologies while working with us on code, algorithms, and
research in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and
move Zoox forward. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest
your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.

This will be a challenging but extremely rewarding job. If you want to
solve hard problems and make incredible software with us, please put in an
application for one of our open positions at https://zoox.recruiterbox.com/.

*Requirements*

   - Bachelors degree in engineering, math, or a related field
   - Solid understanding of ROS
   - Fluency in C / C++
   - Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
   - Strong mathematics skills

*Bonus points*

   - Masters / PhD in computer science or related degree
   - Publications in your field
   - Experience with path planning
   - Experience with deep learning
   - Experience with computer vision