[ros-users] Travis-CI now supports Ubuntu 14.04 (beta)

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Fri Oct 16 02:29:04 UTC 2015

@Mani, if you look at my PR, that's why I used language: generic, which
uses their minimal image and does not use a non-system Python.

The issue you're running into is that the Python that is turned on by
default is a non-system Python 2.6 install which is unaffected by
installing Python packages with apt-get. By using the minimal image you
avoid having to deal with custom versions of Python.

Cheers,

William Woodall
ROS Development Team
william at osrfoundation.org