[ros-users] 2015 Metrics Report Available

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Mon Oct 19 19:54:09 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

You can now download our 2015 ROS Metrics report from:
http://download.ros.org/downloads/metrics/metrics-report-2015-07.pdf

It's the 5th edition of the report. Links to all of them can be found at:
http://wiki.ros.org/Metrics

One metric which stood out to me how strong the adoption of Indigo has
been. Over half our users are now using the LTS release.

And all of these numbers do not count the any statistics for mirrors either
private or public of which we've seen an increase in availability.
http://wiki.ros.org/Mirrors

Demonstrating the challenge of understanding metrics, the downward change
in download volume reflects the more stable core packages. During the
sample period there were fewer core releases. Including no catkin, ros, or
ros_comm releases in July 2015 versus one or more of each of those in July
2014.

Tully