[ros-users] ROS 2.0 Strategy review

Valerio De Carolis vd63 at hw.ac.uk
Mon Sep 28 08:56:00 UTC 2015

On 27/09/15 02:02, BiggsGeoffrey via ros-users wrote:
> Good wire protocols are hard, and leaving it up to the experts gives the
> OSRF more developer time for the robotics things that go on top.

Which sounds like building a skyscraper without taking care about its
foundations. :)

Imagine that people are looking for a system which is good both for
commercial uses and research ones. The former are potentially afraid of
betting on a vendor locked horse (to which one has to add all the
concerns about IP and licensing) while the latter are looking for
something that can work even outside the lab (one never knows if the
next spin-off is around the corner).

Valerio

-----
We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.