[ros-users] ROS 2.0 Strategy review

Ingo Lütkebohle iluetkeb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:14:02 UTC 2015

Brian,

just as a quick, private note of support for OSRF's current course: I think
you're absolutely on the right path with DDS and RTPS, despite also having
reservations about some of the underlying tech, but nothing major.

Regarding the patents on DDS, maybe Bosch can have some lawyers look at
that. No promises, but I think that might be something we (meaning Arne und
me) could sell management.

Moreover, maybe the guy Bosch is going to fund could also look at easing
the migration path from ROS1 to ROS2. That is something which would be dear
to me, and where I think we can help a lot of people.

see you at roscon :-)

cheers,
Ingo