[ros-users] ROS L-Turtle Naming Thread

Kai von Szadkowski kai.von-szadkowski at uni-bremen.de
Thu Apr 7 13:10:07 UTC 2016

Hi there,

I can't help but like the lyrical ring of "Lackluster Loggerhead",
though that sounds kinda like a Victorian era insult...which brings us
to "Lordly Loggerhead" - picture a turtle with a monocle and a top hat.

And then again: Lumpy Leatherback?

Cheers,

Kai

> Annual Turtle Naming Thread! Yay!
>
> My suggestions
> {Luminous, Lucrative, Lusty} x {Leatherback, Loggerhead, Leonardo}
>
> Turtle List: http://www.chelonia.org/byspecies.htm#L
>
> - David Lu!!
>
> P.S. Not that anyone is keeping score, but Adam Leeper came up with
> Groovy and Jack O'Quin picked Galapagos off the list (8/2011),
> Geoffrey Biggs picked Hydromedusa off the turtle list (5/2012),
> Arkapravo Bhaumik suggested Indigo and Kartik Babu suggested Igloo
> (1/2013), Katrina Bugyi had Jade (4/2014), Takashi Ogura translated
> Kame and Tom Moore came up with Kinetic Kame (5/2015). We've been
> doing this awhile.
> P.P.S. I'm partial to adjectives starting with Lu for some reason.

  Kai von Szadkowski (M.Sc.)
  Space Robotics

  Universität Bremen
  FB 3 - Mathematik und Informatik