[ros-users] ROS L-Turtle Naming Thread

Martin Günther martin.guenther1980 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 08:25:15 UTC 2016

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 23:54:18 -0700
Steven Peters via ros-users <ros-users at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> logo is a nice homage

Yes, but it makes googling "ROS logo" ambiguous. Even more so when the
official roslogo client library is released. (can't wait!)

+1 for lucky:

It's short, i.e. less typing, and ros-lucky-* package names look better
than ros-ludricouslylongadjective-*. Also it starts with "Lu". ;)

+0.5 for lunar / loyal (also both short)

... although I've heard of people trying to use ROS on Lunar Linux,
whose Google results page will be swamped if we name the next ROS
version "Lunar". I'm not sure whether they qualify as a protected
minority though. :)

Cheers,
Martin