[ros-users] ROS L-Turtle Naming Thread

Alessio Levratti alessio.levratti at unimore.it
Tue Apr 19 13:54:38 UTC 2016

+1 for Lucky Leonardo. Furthermore the logo could represent the ROS's
turtle as the Da Vinci's Vitruvian man... I think there shouldn't be any
copyright problem...

Il 19/04/2016 15.34, Mac Mason via ros-users ha scritto:
> One more vote for Ken's logo.
>
> +0.5 for "Lucky Logo".
> +0.5 for "Lucky Leonardo", because Vincent's right, a steady
> progression towards Ninja Turtle is perfect.
>
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016, 11:25 PM Jon Binney via ros-users
> <ros-users at lists.ros.org <mailto:ros-users at lists.ros.org>> wrote:
>
>     +1 to make Ken's drawing the officlal L-Turtle logo.
>
>     On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:22 PM, Ken Conley via ros-users
>     <ros-users at lists.ros.org <mailto:ros-users at lists.ros.org>> wrote:
>
>         Challenge accepted: https://goo.gl/photos/FBBmxWZgRjdndf3f8
>
>         On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:10 PM Melonee Wise
>         <melonee at meloneewise.com <mailto:melonee at meloneewise.com>> wrote:
>
>             but I thought only sharks could have lasers ;)
>
>             On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:08 PM, Ken Conley <kwc at kwc.org
>             <mailto:kwc at kwc.org>> wrote:
>
>                 Laserback Turtle
>
>                 On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:04 PM Melonee Wise via
>                 ros-users <ros-users at lists.ros.org
>                 <mailto:ros-users at lists.ros.org>> wrote:
>
>                     Lucky Labi-Labi, perhaps?
>
>                     (labi-labi = turtle in malay)
>
>                     On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:34 PM, Martin Peris
>                     Martorell via ros-users <ros-users at lists.ros.org
>                     <mailto:ros-users at lists.ros.org>> wrote:
>
>                         Hi Stefan,
>
>                         You might have a point, but I have to agree
>                         with Tully on this one:
>

>>                         ... since we're focusing on brainstorming I'd
>>                         suggest that we stick with the unstructured
>>                         mailing list format. People's comments and
>>                         announcing new ideas are important to help
>>                         inspire others creativity.
>
>                         I know this might be a bit *noisy* to some
>                         people, but one can easily ignore this thread
>                         if not interested on it.
>
>                         Best regards
>                         --
>                         Martin Peris Martorell,
>                         martin_peris at cyberdyne.jp
>                         <mailto:martin_peris at cyberdyne.jp>
>                         CYBERDYNE 株式会社 研究開発部
>                         CYBERDYNE Inc., Research and Development
>                         Department
>
>>                         On Apr 8, 2016, at 2:00 PM, Stefan Grufman
>>                         via ros-users <ros-users at lists.ros.org
>>                         <mailto:ros-users at lists.ros.org>> wrote:
>>
>>                         Hi there,
>>
>>                         We are very happy about all that the ROS
>>                         community has achieved and we are also very
>>                         excited every time we are close to a new
>>                         release. However, the actual name of the
>>                         release is (for me, please excuse me for
>>                         that) not the most important topic. I
>>                         therefore would like to know if it would be
>>                         possible to execute this kind of
>>                         discussions/voting on something else than the
>>                         ros-users mailing list? Please consider this
>>                         for next time.
>>
>>                         Best regards
>>                         Stefan Grufman
>>
>>                         On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Marcus
>>                         Liebhardt via ros-users
>>                         <ros-users at lists.ros.org
>>                         <mailto:ros-users at lists.ros.org>> wrote:
>>
>>                             On 8 April 2016 at 09:46, Jon Binney via
>>                             ros-users <ros-users at lists.ros.org
>>                             <mailto:ros-users at lists.ros.org>> wrote:

> [...]

Alessio Levratti, PhD
Research fellow
DISMI - University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
Via G. Amendola 2, Tamburini building- 42122 Reggio Emilia - Italy
tel. (Office) (+39) 0522 522666
tel. (Tecnopolo) (+39) 0522 523529
fax. (+39) 0522 522609
e-mail: alessio.levratti at unimore.it