[ros-users] 5 weeks to the Barcelona ROS summer course

Lin Yuhong ylin at theconstructsim.com
Tue Aug 2 09:59:13 UTC 2016

Barcelona ROS Summer Course
Dear Roboticists,

Still two spots available for the ROS Summer Certification course at
Barcelona, the course will be provided at the starting week of September.

:: ABOUT THE EVENT
================
A single week of basic ROS learning in the beautiful city of Barcelona.
This course is available for students and teachers of any level. Is
entirely practical ROS training which integrate theory and practice,
teaching with exercises and real ROS project. Comprehensive demonstration
in diverse simulations.

Morning: teaching with exercises from 9:30 to 13:30.
Afternoon: working on ROS project from 14:30 to 16:30

   - Exam and ROS Certification: There will be an exam at the end of the
   course. Those who pass the exam will receive a ROS certification.
   - Available Places: 10
   - Duration: 5th to 10th of September
   - Location: Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 608, 3ºD, 08007 Barcelona,
   SPAIN

:: SCHEDULE
=========
* Monday: ROS BASICS: basic structure of ROS programs and its concepts
* Tuesday: ROS TOPICS: how to create topics and how to access them
* Wednesday: ROS SERVICES: how to create services and how to use them
* Thursday: ROS ACTIONS: how to create action servers and use them
* Friday: ROS DEBUG: ROS tools that allow to find errors and debug
* Saturday: Course Exam: from 9:30 to 11:30

:: REQUIREMENTS FOR ATTENDANCE
==============================
* Basic knowledge of Python programming
* A laptop (can have any operating system)

:: IMPORTANT LINK
==============
* You can enroll the course here: http://env.theconstructsim.com/ROS_Summer

:: CONTACT US
============
* You can contact us with questions and doubts here:
info at theconstructsim.com

:: What previous students think of our courses:
===================================
"I knew a little bit of ROS from fiddling around with it before this
course, but now I feel like I could do anything with it*Daniel Ingram
*| Engineer
of Da Vinci Surgical System

*"The ROS course was incredibly informative, and the instructors were
excellent. I would highly recommend any future courses by The Construct
team!” **Miguel Duarte | *Researcher of Robotics and A.I.

"It has been very funny to learn with the people of The Construct. Not
every day I had the opportunity of commanding a BB-8 around jakku dessert,
I really enjoy the course.*Julen Cayero *| PhD. Student