[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Talker example issue with Beta 1

vdiluoffo ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 22:36:08 UTC 2016

Hi,
I built the beta 1 release against RTI 5.2.5 install and tested the build with these results

100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 27

Label Time Summary:
cppcheck      =   2.09 sec (8 tests)
cpplint       =   7.23 sec (8 tests)
linter        =  13.45 sec (27 tests)
pep257        =   0.34 sec (1 test)
pep8          =   0.40 sec (1 test)
pyflakes      =   0.25 sec (1 test)
uncrustify    =   3.15 sec (8 tests)

Total Test time (real) =  13.46 sec

I tried to run the talker example with both ./talker and the following

./talker__rmw_connext_cpp
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  could not create publisher: type support handle implementation 'rosidl_typesupport_cpp' (0x7fd53c4eb76d) does not match valid type supports ('rosidl_typesupport_connext_cpp' (0x7fd53bca0650), 'connext_static_c' (0x7fd53c0a7659)), at /path/src/ros2/rmw_connext/rmw_connext_cpp/src/functions.cpp:225, at /path/src/ros2/rcl/rcl/src/rcl/publisher.c:81
Aborted (core dumped)

I have an installed and working environment with alpha 8. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Vince

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/talker-example-issue-with-beta-1/992/1) or reply to this email to respond.