[ros-users] Jobs with the Google self-driving car team

Nathaniel Fairfield nfairfield at google.com
Wed Feb 10 13:44:55 UTC 2016

We're looking for researchers and engineers to make self-driving cars
happen.

In this full-time role, you'll tackle real-world driving problems, advance
the state of the art, and help us make the world safer. Our fleet is
driving thousands of autonomous miles a day, and we're pushing ahead to
transform mobility for everyone.  Our cars are very capable, but there are
still many challenges remaining as we expand the scope of our effort.

Solid software development skills, deep experience in at least one relevant
field, and strong interest in getting systems to really, *really* work are
essential. We need people that are driven by hard problems and love
developing new ideas and making the significant leaps from theory to
practice to product.

Requirements:

- Strong interest and experience in solving hard applied robotics
problems in the areas of computer vision, sensor fusion, deep learning,
object detection and tracking, prediction, control, motion planning, and
routing
- A demonstrated record of strong C++ software development skills
- PhD or MS or BS with equivalent experience in relevant field
- Passionate about self-driving cars and autonomous vehicles
- Lots of experience with applied, real world systems

For more information about what we're doing, see:

https://www.google.com/selfdrivingcar/
https://plus.google.com/+GoogleSelfDrivingCars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiwVMrTLUWg

Please apply by sending a resume to self-driving-car-jobs at google.com along
with a description of your relevant background and experience.

Thanks,
Nathaniel