[ros-users] [Jobs]Robotics Engineers for mobile robot at Amy Robotics

Ricky Li liruijiao at live.com
Sat Jan 30 01:29:32 UTC 2016

Amy Robotics is an innovative
company focused on service robots that enhances quality of life through robotic
technologies, products and services.

Our team is based in Hangzhou, China. We are
developing autonomous service robots for that assistant people in everyday
living and work. We need some help to improve our development process and get
our robot shipped soon. We are looking for multiple experienced roboticists to
work on mobile robot navigation and computer vision for our service robots.

Position 1:

As a robotics engineer, you will be involved in
designing, implementing and testing systems for mapping, planning and
localisation, context awareness. Excellent candidate will lead the research and
development of our robot navigation in its environments. We have many
challenging problems and will give you independence and flexibility to address
them to create a complete product experience.

Qualifications:

- Solid knowledge of mobile robot navigation
theory.

- Proficiency with C++, Python, and Linux

- Hands on experience in ROS development in a
Linux environment

- Experience with robots and sensor systems in
the real world

- Experience in Android development is a big
plus.

- Ph.D. or MSc (with 3 year experience ), BSc
(with 5 years experience) in robotics or related field

Position 2:

As a Machine Vision Scientist you will lead the
research and development of our robot’s image-based understanding of its
environment. Specifically you will be responsible for developing and testing
tools and algorithms in areas such as:

Detection and recognition of people and object

Place recognition

Motion detection (of things in the environment)
while stationary and while driving

Feature tracking

Image stabilization

Object detection and tracking

Visual odometry etc.

Qualifications:

-Expert knowledge in C++

-Experience working with OpenCV

-Experience applying machine learning to
real-world vision problems

-At least 3 years of experience designing,
implementing, and tuning computer vision algorithms

-M.S./Ph.D. or B.S. and 5 years experience in
computer science or related fields

Desirable skills:
-Experience with deep learning algorithms or
toolkits

-Experience with sensor fusion or multimodal
perception

-Experience with embedded hardware development

-Experience with Python

-Experience with GPU computing.

-Experience in Android development is a big
plus.

If you are interested in creating
sophisticated robot, or building a company and have a strong desire to make
difference in robot revolution, we would like to hear from you.
Please submit resume, letter of motivation, and
(a link to) any supporting materials (personal profile, open source
contribution, project etc.) by email to Ricky Li : lirj【at】amyrobot.cn