[ros-users] [jobs] 3D Image processing for Care-O-bot: two positions open at Fraunhofer IPA

Bormann, Richard richard.bormann at ipa.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jul 8 09:38:07 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

In order to complement our 3D image processing team (see http://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/en/3dimageprocessing.html), we are searching for two outstanding, highly motivated and ambitious researchers (post graduates, earned masters' degree in computer science, mechatronics, mathematics or related field) to work in the areas of

- 3D Object detection, see https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/25263/Description/1
- Multi-modal modelling and motion prediction in dynamic environments, see https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/26877/Description/2

Fraunhofer IPA, located in Stuttgart/Germany, is a leading center for applied research in industrial robot automation and service robotics in one of the most innovative industrial centers world-wide (e.g. automotive industries, machinery and automation equipment suppliers). You will be hosted at the department "Robot and Assistive Systems" (http://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/en/robot_assistivesystems). The robotic home assistant Care-O-bot (www.care-o-bot.de) and production assistant rob at work (www.rob-at-work.de/en) are some of its prominent developments and serve as technology and application platforms for advanced service robotics research.

Fraunhofer is Europe's largest application-oriented research organization. Therefore, we actively work on transferring technologies and applications developed on Care-O-bot to new products and solutions: from production and logistics to public environments, care facilities and private homes.

Fraunhofer is regarded as one of the most attractive employers in Germany, see http://www.fraunhofer.de/en/about-fraunhofer/profile/facts-and-figures/employees.html.

In case of questions please contact me. We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please do not send it by email but use the online forms associated with the individual positions and make sure that you upload all relevant documents (motivation letter, CV, copies of school and academic records).

Best wishes, Birgit Graf

---
Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Inf. Birgit GRAF, Fraunhofer IPA
Group Manager Domestic and Personal Robotics
Department Robot and Assistive Systems
Nobelstrasse 12, D-70569 Stuttgart (Germany)
Phone +49(0)711-970-1910, Fax +49(0)711-970-1008
Skype: birgit.graf
mailto:birgit.graf at ipa.fraunhofer.de
http://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/haushalts-_assistenzrobotik.html?&L=1
http://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/medbio_pflege_assistenz.html?&L=1