[ros-users] Marty the Robot - a fund and educational walking robot!

Alejandro Bordallo alex.bordallo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:34:46 UTC 2016

Dear ROS users,

 We have just launched a crowdfunding campaign for a small educational
bipedal robot aimed at getting both kids and hackers into robotics. We plan
to develop and release a ROS API in the future to improve its ease of use
and outreach. Please have a look:

 "*Marty the Robot* - a fun and educational walking robot! www.robotical.io

Marty is a cute little walking robot that's designed to give a great into
to various aspects of robotics - from programming to electronics and even
mechanics. He's WiFi enabled and programmable out of the box in Scratch,
Python, C++, etc. If you have access to a 3D printer you can also customise
its parts and expand it."

 We just began our campaign in indiegogo, any feedback or support would be
greatly appreciated!

 Cheers,
           Alex