[ros-users] RQT Plugin for Launchfile Hierarchy Inspection

Philipp Schillinger schillin at kth.se
Wed May 11 16:58:22 UTC 2016

Hey everyone,

I created a new rqt plugin for launch files which might be of interest for some of you: rqt_launchtree

It lets you navigate through the hierarchy of included launch files, shows entries such as nodes, params, or arguments and has a keyword search throughout the hierarchy. Furthermore, you can directly open any included file for editing.

In contrast to rqt_launch, it is not meant to execute any nodes. Instead, the focus is on the hierarchy and providing an overview of the system configuration described by a root launch file. You won't have to open launch files just to check what they include anymore and you will find the file you are looking for much easier.

It is available on github:
https://github.com/pschillinger/rqt_launchtree

You can find more detailed and further information in the wiki. Please let me know if you miss some information.
http://wiki.ros.org/rqt_launchtree

Cheers,
Philipp Schillinger

PS: If you happen to be at ICRA next week and are interested in a behavior engine built upon SMACH with a comprehensive user interface (editor + runtime control) and built-in robot-operator collaboration concepts such as a flexible autonomy level or runtime modification of the executed state machine: Make sure you don't miss our spotlight presentation on Wednesday at 10:10 (interactive session at 13:50-14:30):
https://ras.papercept.net/conferences/conferences/ICRA16/program/ICRA16_ContentListWeb_3.html#webbt2_01

In case you want to have a glimpse in advance or cannot make it to ICRA:
http://flexbe.github.io

I will have a simulation setup, demo videos, etc with me at ICRA. Simply let me know if you want to meet outside the scheduled sessions and I will be happy to answer all of your questions. Thank you for your interest!