[ros-users] ROS Kinetic Kame Release

Ruffin White roxfoxpox at gmail.com
Tue May 24 01:43:15 UTC 2016

TDLR: Kinetic Kame is now also on Docker Hub! 🐳

I'd just like to piggyback off this announcement and let everyone know that
the Official Docker Hub repo for ROS has also been updated to include the
Kinetic release.

https://hub.docker.com/_/ros/

So, you can know easily run and test Kinetic, even if you haven't yet
migrated to Ubuntu Xenial on your host OS.
Simply run this command to download and start a bash session in a kinetic
enabled container:

$> docker run -it ros:kinetic

Notes:

   - The implicit 'latest' tag, reserved for the latest LTS, has now also
   been moved to point from indigo to kinetic.
   - Installing Docker on linux: https://docs.docker.com/linux/step_one/
   - Ticket an issues with the images: https://github.com/osrf/docker_images
   - Don't forget to stare our official repo so others might discover it

Go ROS!
- Ruffin (ruffsl)