[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Release] Adding phidgets_drivers to ros-drivers

Martin Günther ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:00:21 UTC 2016

Dear `ros-drivers` owners!

I would like to move the [phidgets_drivers](https://github.com/ccny-ros-pkg/phidgets_drivers) repo to the `ros-drivers` GitHub org. It's a mature and maintained driver for several Phidgets devices, mainly the popular Phidgets IMU. Would you accept this repo?

Some background: The repo was created in 2012 by Ivan Dryanovski and has been maintained since 2013 by @muhrix and me. Unfortunately, the original author went AWOL, and @muhrix and me have decided as a last resort to copy the repo to a new location so we can manage who has commit rights. The stack is currently released for Indigo, and since we're preparing the Jade and Kinetic releases, we figured this would be a good time to switch. Indigo will continue to be released from the old location, and starting with Jade we'll release from the new one.

If the stack is unfit for `ros-drivers`, we'll move it somewhere else. But `ros-drivers` would be perfect, because it's a safeguards against disappearing maintainers. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Martin

https://github.com/ccny-ros-pkg/phidgets_drivers

---