[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Kyler Laird ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 01:54:29 UTC 2017

I punted and did the position computations in UTM.  It was too easy to resist.  It seems to work, although I haven't set flags to ensure that it's accurate.  I did get to test it a little just as the weekend drew to a close:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahNrSzDnw3E
It was nice and boring, except for some connectivity problems which caused it to stop occasionally.

I have a lot of tweaking to do on the steering.  I'm using my old PID code for this and it showed - lots of drifting off course and then jerking back.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/23) or reply to this email to respond.