[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Robotics Software Developer at Houston Mechatronics Inc

JD Yamokoski ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 17:21:50 UTC 2017

[Houston Mechatronics Inc](http://houstonmechatronics.com/) has an immediate opening for a Robotics Software Developer on a new robotics system project we are undertaking. We are looking for a motivated and experienced developer, ideally experience with ROS and Gazebo and developing software for field robotic systems.

Responsibilities:
* Work in a multi-disciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to build a field deployable robotic system
* Contribute to all aspects of the system software, with particular focus on the system simulation
* Design and implement a robust system architecture
* Support remote field testing

Requirements:
* 2+ years programming with C++ and Python on Linux
* Experience working on a software team
* Excellent communication skills
* BS degree in CS or related field

Preferred:
* Experience with ROS
* Experience with modeling and simulation using Gazebo or a similar physics-based simulator
* Experience with a real-world robotic platform
* Experience working in a modern software development environment including experience with continuous integration environments
* MS degree in CS or related field

Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to JD Yamokoski (jyamokoski at houstonmechatronics.com). Code samples (e.g. links to github projects) are welcome.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/robotics-software-developer-at-houston-mechatronics-inc/1611/1) or reply to this email to respond.