[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Of clocks and simulation, betimes and otherwise

Brannon King ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 03:42:28 UTC 2017

The other thing I needed to mention about the time message that has to change: two fields for the timestamp. Two fields -- really? Is there some advantage to it? A single 64bit nanosecond value would be infinitely more handy in my mind. I can read and write that atomically with no extra work on my common x64 platforms. I've had to resort to std:atomic for the current time message just so I don't accidentally read a nanosec value with the wrong sec value. It's not pretty.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/of-clocks-and-simulation-betimes-and-otherwise/1587/3) or reply to this email to respond.