[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROSLink: Connecting ROS with the Internet of Things

Anis Koubaa ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 09:54:16 UTC 2017

Hello

I would like to share ROSLink protocol with ROS users community.

ROSLink is a new protocol to integrate Robot Operating System (ROS) enabled-robots with the IoT. The motivation behind ROSLink is the lack of ROS functionality in monitoring and controlling robots through the Internet. It is inspired from the MAVLink protocol.
We already developed some common messages and used them for monitoring Parrot Drone and Turtlebot over the Internet.

You can find some more details about ROSLink in this page
http://edu.gaitech.hk/roslink/index.html

Also, you can read our paper which is to appear in the upcoming  Springer book on Robot Operating System (ROS) The Complete Reference (Volume 2)
http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319549262

Anis

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/roslink-connecting-ros-with-the-internet-of-things/1632/1) or reply to this email to respond.