[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROSLink: Connecting ROS with the Internet of Things

Anis Koubaa ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 09:50:46 UTC 2017

[quote="Humpelstilzchen, post:4, topic:1632, full:true"]
Little note: rosbridge needs to run on an internet accessible computer in the same network as the robot, which is reachable via internet, not necessarily the robot itself.
[/quote]

Yes, I understand. In ROSLink, you do not need to do so. We use a cloud server that links between the robot and the user. It is a matter of a different design approach, and I consider both solutions are complementary.
Basically, the idea of ROSLink is derived from MAVLink protocol.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/roslink-connecting-ros-with-the-internet-of-things/1632/5) or reply to this email to respond.