[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] TurtleBot3 with Laser Distance Sensor (LDS)

Scott C. Livingston ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 15:37:30 UTC 2017

The design reminds me of the RP-LIDAR (http://www.robopeak.com/blog/?p=278).

Can you comment on expected uptime? E.g., if I begin to operate the sensor and do not stop, how long before the device may need to be rebooted?

I am motivated to ask because I noticed recently that after approximately 3 days of continuous operation of an RP-LIDAR that I have, the motor stopped and would not return to operation until after I cycled power. I plan to conduct a more thorough study of product lifetime and durability of the RP-LIDAR.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-turtlebot3-with-laser-distance-sensor-lds/1644/3) or reply to this email to respond.