[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 LifecycleNode memory corruption issues

karsten ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 22:42:32 UTC 2017

Sorry to hear you encounter issues with it and thanks for bringing that issue forward. The state of the package is pretty much as it was by the end of 2016 for beta1. There was not major development since then.

I can't reproduce your error locally on my machine, the tutorial runs as expected. Can you provide me a few more details:
* Are you running the beta1 tutorial?
* Which DDS implementation?
* And which ROS2 version? Beta1 binary or master checkout?
* Can you easily reproduce? Is it a consistent behavior?

We are currently refactoring our allocators in ROS2, and given the backtrace, it looks like the lifecycle implementation does use plain malloc. I'll open a github issue on that.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-lifecyclenode-memory-corruption-issues/1666/2) or reply to this email to respond.