[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Kyler Laird ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 02:59:26 UTC 2017

I am feeling a lot of pressure these days.  I need to get in the field.  I only have one dual-RTK receiver and I really don't want to buy another one from NVS.  It would be wonderful if I could get fusion working enough to make a single antenna receiver work.  I greatly appreciate the help I've received in working toward that.  However...

Today I decided to return to what I've done already.  I realized that my tracked tractor, Tractobot02, has an IMU which assists the steering.  That's part of why it's so easy to control.  I wanted to take a similar approach to Tractobot03 - use the GPS for heading but then use the IMU for steering corrections.  It simply worked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKPoWE57VNw

I am still excited about ROS fusion goodness, rviz, and other great tools, but right now I'm going to use what I know in order to get in the field.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/47) or reply to this email to respond.