[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] PlotJuggler 1.0 Released

Davide Faconti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 10:42:21 UTC 2017

I am pleased to announce the release of PlotJuggler 1.0

https://github.com/facontidavide/PlotJuggler

PlotJuggler is a graphic interface that  allows users to visualize data (and in particular time series) from either a rosbag or a streaming of messages from ros topics (including rosout).

It can be considered a unified replacement for rqt_plot, rqt_rosbag and rqt_console.
You can watch a short presentation video here:

https://vimeo.com/214389001

The 1.0 release is a big milestone for the project. This is what you should expect from this first official release:

- __Feature-complete__: there are a couple of new cool series on Netflix, so don't expect me to do any further development in the near future. I will still fix bugs, though.

- __Reliability__: the app apparently crushes less often than usual and I believe that was a compelling reason to tag the 1.0 release.

- __Stable API (plugins)__:  ... until I decide unilaterally to change it, of course.

In short, if you think that the only purpose of tagging the current release as 1.0 is just a marketing strategy to make you think that this software worths your trust, you are absolutely right.

I would like to thank all the user that relentlessly asked me to fix bugs and add features (without contributing with any PR, of course); with their Github issues they helped make PlotJuggler great again!

Cheers

Davide

P.S.= __Seriously now__. I appreciated a lot the people which sent suggestions, issue reports, feedback and PR.
If you find PlotJuggler useful, or think that it can be improved, please consider dropping me a line.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/plotjuggler-1-0-released/1727/1) or reply to this email to respond.