[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Fast-RTPS Memory Usage - Please Help

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 20:11:34 UTC 2017

 @NotMe that sounds like a bug, but I'm unable to reproduce it, at least on my macOS machine (I haven't tried Linux yet).

If I run `talker` or `listener` I get a steady 4.7Mb of memory usage for both. If I modify it like this to create 40 of each publisher/subscriber (each on a different topic):

https://gist.github.com/wjwwood/d7f5f8e8d5bb8e59261ed0661a152cff#file-talker-diff

I still only about 8.4Mb of memory usage for each.

Maybe you could provide a similarly minimal example which has this problem? We haven't gotten to the point where we are profiling to look for unintended memory usage, so there might be a bug in there.

Also, I'm using the master branch, which version of ROS2 are you using? That might affect your Fast-RTPS version and maybe the issue you're seeing is already addressed on master.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/fast-rtps-memory-usage-please-help/1739/2) or reply to this email to respond.