[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Lunar beta testing starting on Monday (May 1st)

Mikael Arguedas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 17:46:59 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

As you may know we are now a month out of the release of ROS Lunar :tada:
We are now [very close](http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/blocked_releases_lunar.html?q=id%3D%22metapackages%22&s=6&r=1) to have desktop-full released!

This message is a reminder to maintainers that if you are willing to release API/ABI breaking changes, you should do it in the next few days so that the beta-testing phase relies on stable versions of the packages.

If you maintain any of the following repositories, please make a release in the next few days or we will release the current kinetic version into lunar:
- gazebo_ros_pkgs @jrivero (https://github.com/ros-simulation/gazebo_ros_pkgs/issues/565)
- stage_ros @rvt (https://github.com/ros-simulation/stage_ros/issues/44)
- urdf_tutorial @DLu
- rqt_common_plugins / rqt_robot_plugins @dirk-thomas (https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/issues/14652)

Finally if you maintain any package not part of desktop-full, please consider make a release in the next few days so that your packages are tested before the official release date ([May 23rd](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Turtle_Day))
To verify that you package is releasable please refer to the dedicated [status_page](http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/blocked_releases_lunar.html?s=6&r=1)

Happy releasing!
Mikael

---