[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Update time for get_node_names

Lennart Nachtigall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 18:33:29 UTC 2017

Just to push this topic a bit.
I was asking this question because I did some tests with two nodes. I was very surprised when I found out that it takes just a few seconds until a newly started node is shown in the list of the previous started node.
But if I stop a node it takes about 5 minutes until the change is shown in the list of the node that is still running.

I just took a look at the implementation below but wasn't able to find any information in the fast rtps code how long it should take until the shutdown of a node is known by the rest of the system.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/update-time-for-get-node-names/2333/2) or reply to this email to respond.