[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Maidbot, Inc. - Austin, TX - Robotics Engineer

Micah Green ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 18:12:05 UTC 2017

Robotics Engineer

ABOUT MAIDBOT

Maidbot is a fast-growing robotics company pioneering a revolution in hospitality - the worlds largest industry - by creating robots to handle the dull, dirty and dangerous tasks required of human workers. With rising market demand and Maidbots first-mover status, we have already partnered with many of the largest hospitality brands through pilot programs and pre-orders. After completing a successful test with one hospitality company where a dozen of our robots worked alongside hotel staff, we are developing new features and enhancing our current software stack, which ranges from a customer-facing web application to autonomous robotics to state-of-the-art electronics. In our new Austin office youll find an army of robots; 3D printers to laser cutters; hypoallergenic dogs; and an endless supplies of hawaiian shaved ice, coffee, and tea!

ABOUT YOU

You are an experienced mechanical engineer that enjoys making things with your hands. You cannot live without access to a laser cutter or 3D printer. You are a self-starter who understands how to prioritize and accomplish tasks independently, and deliver on schedule. You will be on a team working to develop new and exciting robots from clean sheet through to production.

RESPONSIBILITIES

Work with a multidisciplinary team to design the next generation of robots
Design, prototype, and test parts to meet requirements
Design of plastic and metal parts for manufacturing and assembly
Working with outside vendors for manufacturing
Support testing in the field (in person or remotely)
Diagnose and repair of Electromechanical systems

QUALIFICATIONS

Fluent in Solidworks (preferred), or other 3D CAD programs such as Inventor, ProE, CATIA, NX
Experience with 3D printing, other rapid prototyping techniques
Experienced with basic shop and hand tools
Willing to relocate to Austin, TX
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.

PREFERRED EXPERIENCE

If recent Grad, Participated in collegiate competition teams (SAE, AUVSI, DBF, DARPA Grand Challenge)
Experience with robotics and / or Internet of Things applications.
C++ and / or Python development experience
AVR/Atmel/Arduino experience
Basic electronics work (Soldering, hot-air rework, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)

Please send resumes to careers at maidbot.co

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/maidbot-inc-austin-tx-robotics-engineer/2378/1) or reply to this email to respond.