[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Make Ament work with another build system (for cross-compilation)

Loïc Dauphin ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 10:18:14 UTC 2017

Hello !

Here is my problem : I'm porting ROS2 to microcontrollers with RIOT, but I can't use the Ament build system for managing the cross-compilation. Indeed, RIOT has it's own build system, and needs to compile all the sources (to manage flags, linking, etc...).

Since I still need Ament to generate rosidl things, I think it would be great to make the two work together.

Is there a way to tell Ament to only export sources/headers (generated or not), and not compile it ?
Is there a way to call the RIOT makefiles from Ament ?
Is there a way to export the path where Ament have "copied" the sources to an other build system ?
How to manage the target hardware ? Is Ament able to switch between different rosidl, rmw, build systems when the final ROS node is supposed to be cross-compiled ?

Cheers !

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/make-ament-work-with-another-build-system-for-cross-compilation/2382/1) or reply to this email to respond.