[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Suspension of Debian packaging for EOL Ubuntu Yakkety

Mikael Arguedas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 17:09:12 UTC 2017

Hi ROS users!

Since we have support to [turn off EOL distros](https://discourse.ros.org/t/suspension-of-debian-packaging-for-eold-distros-saucy-utopic-vivid-and-wily/1601) on the buildfarm, we announced that we will disable distros soon after they become EOL.
Ubuntu Yakkety (16.10) has been EOL since July, and we are considering turning it off after the [upcoming Lunar sync](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398). This will allow the buildfarm to run faster and the maintainer-ship workload to be reduced for maintainers releasing in Lunar.

As a result, we will build Lunar binaries for:

- Ubuntu Xenial and Zesty
- Debian Stretch

Please comment here if you have any feedback !

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/suspension-of-debian-packaging-for-eol-ubuntu-yakkety/2444/1) or reply to this email to respond.