[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Design By Contract

fkromer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 06:57:34 UTC 2017

[quote="asmodehn, post:14, topic:2405"]
Contracts aim is to enforce complex dynamic properties of a system.

Types aim is to enforce simple (usually) static properties of a system.
[/quote]

That summarizes the difference between types and contracts. And that ist exactly about why I didn't propose types here: In my Experimente the hard to find defects tend to have their root cause in implicit, incomplete or missing definitions of the dynamic charachteristics of here in ROS, node Interactions.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/design-by-contract/2405/17) or reply to this email to respond.