[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 on microcontrollers with RIOT

Loïc Dauphin ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 15:38:31 UTC 2017

Hello !

Here are some news about the project :

I finally was able to integrate my modules with the "normal" ROS2 build system (now you can use "ament build"). The thing is that I needed to modify the build steps of some standards packages ([rcl](https://github.com/astralien3000/riot-ros2/blob/master/rcl/CMakeLists.txt), [std_msgs](https://github.com/astralien3000/riot-ros2/blob/master/std_msgs/CMakeLists.txt), [builtin_interfaces](https://github.com/astralien3000/riot-ros2/blob/master/builtin_interfaces/CMakeLists.txt), [rosidl_generator_c](https://github.com/astralien3000/riot-ros2/blob/master/rosidl_generator_c/CMakeLists.txt)) to make it work with RIOT's build system. To make it short, instead of compiling the sources with ament/cmake, I just generate Makefiles used by RIOT to compile the final application. Any feedback on how I managed that would be appreciated ^^.

I also began to experiment with rosidl to generate some serialization code, and currently the project can handle messages composed of strings, (u)int32 and (u)int64 fields. Serialization is made with cbor.

Cheers !

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-on-microcontrollers-with-riot/1293/10) or reply to this email to respond.